The Doggy Day Out program is a FUN new way to help the shelter. It's easy and it's so beneficial to the dogs AND the staff.
- You come to the shelter to choose a dog to take on an outing for the day. We will sign you up as a foster for that dog and for that day only.
- Take the dog on the outing. Go to a park. Get a pup cup. Take a nap on the couch. Whatever suits you! Most importantly, HAVE FUN!
We will provide:
- A leash with an "Adopt Me" sleeve on it.
- "Business cards" for you to share with anyone that might be interested in fostering or adopting while you're out and about.
- An "Adopt Me" vest for the dog to wear.
- Be sure to take plenty of photos and/or videos to share with your friends and family, plus email them to our Community Programs Coordinator for use to help market that dog. Use #doggydayout when posting to your social media!
- Learn something fun, interesting, important? Let us know. All information is great information when it comes to finding good homes.
- Return the dog to the shelter by 5:30pm that same day.
All you need to do to get started is head up to the shelter. Doggy Day Out outings can begin as early as noon any day of the week! See you soon.