Thank you for choosing Williamson County Regional Animal Shelter! WCRAS has one-time volunteer opportunities for community, school, church, and other groups.
Volunteer groups help with a variety of jobs (mostly related to cleaning and organizing). These projects do not include hands-on contact with the animals in our care, but they are all very important aspects of helping animals in need.
Volunteers who help us with animal care go through extensive training. If you are interested in helping in this way, please read more in the Volunteering section found at the top of this web page.
Group tasks include:
- picking up around the shelter
- related specialized projects
- helping shelter staff
- helping with events
If your group is interested in helping:
- Your group should consist of at least 5 people.
- Any children in the group should be at least 12 years old.
- The ratio of adults (21 and up) to children (12 - 15) should be 1 adult per 3 children.
- Work is messy and may be done outside. Dress appropriate for the weather and in clothes you don't mind getting dirty. Volunteers should wear closed-toed shoes with tread.
- Groups are scheduled according to the shelter's calendar. Not all dates will be available.
- Groups can volunteer as early as 9am and as late as 3pm.
- Groups can volunteer for a maximum of 3 hours at a time.
- To do a group volunteer project, complete and submit this group volunteering form and email it to Erin at [email protected]
Once your group is approved, each volunteer will need to submit this liability waiver to a member of the shelter staff upon arrival for their scheduled volunteer time. (Note: children under 18 will need a parent's signature.)
Thank you very much for your support and willingness to help. We couldn't do our work without you!