If you are interested in a volunteer opprotunity for a group, please click here.
If you are interested in completing your court ordered community service, please click here.
YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 12 YEARS OLD TO BECOME A VOLUNTEER
AND ALL VOLUNTEERS AGE 12-15 MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY PARENT OR GUARDIAN WHILE AT THE SHELTER
BOTH ADULT AND CHILD MUST BE VOLUNTEERS OF THE SHELTER AND TEAM VOLUNTEER TOGETHER
To volunteer at the shelter you must complete these steps:
1. Complete a Volunteer Application
2. Complete a criminal background check form (if you are 16 or older). The form must be complete. If not, it will not pass.
To access printable pdf version of background check click here
3. Read the Manual for volunteering
4. Attend one volunteer orientation (Orientation does not count toward logged hours.)
(Offered twice a month at the shelter. Scroll down to find the next orientation on the shelter calendar. Reserve your spot by searching for WCRAS on Eventbrite.com with a donation of at least $5. (Donations are used to fund the Volunteer Intern position. This position aids in training new volunteers to the shelter through the Fans of WCRAS.))
If no one signs up for an orientation, that orientation will be cancelled. Please RSVP your spot on Eventbrite.com
5. Schedule your 1:1 training by emailing shelter email@example.com. (1:1 training does count to logged hours.)
You may attend the volunteer orientation meeting prior to receiving results on the background check
Volunteers are needed to:
walk/socialize dogs, socialize cats, clean, work offsite events, laundry, help with photography and video of shelter animals, foster, and much more!