We are proud to be one of the shelters participating in the ASPCA Adoption Ambassador Program!
The Adoption Ambassadors program is foster care taken to the next level: Not only are lives saved, but space, time and resources are freed up inside the shelter to care for more animals in need. We supply simple training and a few tools, and you take it from there. Adoption Ambassadors work to get their fosters adopted straight from the foster home. Adoption Ambassador success have included dogs being seen outside of the shelter (like Home Depot) or kittens seen on social media through special promotion by the foster family. Sound like something you would be interested in? Email Erin at e[email protected]
* This program was started in thanks to a generous grant by the ASPCA. Thank you!*
Basic Fostering Information
- If you would like to foster, you will need to be 18 years or older and have a valid ID. All members of the household need to agree to the foster and we can conduct meet and greets with resident dogs.
- You do not have to wait for an email confirmation to adopt or foster. Come on up and speak to a staff member.
- Adoptable dogs can be found at: http://pets.wilco.org/…/AdoptableDo…/tabid/3207/Default.aspx
- A dog is available for foster if he is large or medium and has been spayed/neutered.
- Foster dogs are on the adoption site: http://pets.wilco.org/…/AdoptableDo…/tabid/3207/Default.aspx.
- We are asking for a one to two week foster period.
- During fostering, the dogs are under our medical care. If they need anything medically, they need to come to the shelter. (We cannot pay unapproved vet bills)
- Fosters usually provide bedding, toys, bowls, and food. But, if you need help with supplies, just ask staff.