Below are tips to help you locate your lost pet.
First, register your lost pet on FindingRover.com, a website that uses facial recognition to help lost pets make their way back home where they belong.
Visit PawBoost.com to search their database and create a flyer.
Other resources: Lost Cat Resource
Report your found animal on these sites:
Williamson County Texas Lost and Found Pets https://www.facebook.com/groups/605816772852108/
Round Rock Lost and Found Pets https://www.facebook.com/groups/365720663606329/
Leander Lost and Found Pets https://www.facebook.com/groups/2379278852290930/
Cedar Park Lost and Found Pets https://www.facebook.com/groups/cedarparklostandfoundpets/
Lost and Found Pets of Hutto: https://www.facebook.com/groups/lostpetsofhuttotx/
Pflugerville Lost Pets: https://www.facebook.com/PflugervillesLostPets
Liberty Hill Lost Pets https://www.facebook.com/groups/540740079427177/
Dogs of Jarrell https://www.facebook.com/groups/1647946805488761/
Lost and Found Pets in Austin: https://www.facebook.com/groups/austinlostandfoundpets/
Make an Effective Flyer for your area and local vets
At any typical intersection, you only have 5 seconds and 5 words to get your message across to drivers who are passing through the area where the animal was found.
- Make them GIANT so that people driving by cannot miss them.
- Make the flyers FLUORESCENT so that the color attracts the attention of everyone.
- Put them in your yard and the major intersections near where you found the animal.
- Keep them BRIEF and to the point.
- Let them convey a VISUAL IMAGE of who you found.
Lost pets and the Williamson County Regional Animal Shelter
If your pet is at WCRAS, contact us at [email protected] with:
- Your name, address, phone number
- Proof of ownership such as a photo or vet records
- Proof of rabies vaccination (photo of the pet’s rabies certificate) or provide where the animal received the vaccination
When you arrive at the shelter:
- Park in the Services Center parking lot (near the brown building), located right off of SE Inner Loop
- Text our Curbside Service number, 512-203-2822, with your name, who you are picking up, and the type of vehicle you are in (ex: white Honda Fit.)
We will bring your animal out to you.