Thank you for thinking of us as a participant of your event! Please read through these points to see if animals will work at your event. If you have any questions, please contact Misty at email@example.com
- The Williamson County Regional Animal Shelter (WCRAS) is an open-intake shelter. We cannot guarantee what dogs and cats we will have at the shelter at the time of your event.
- WCRAS will only take animals that we feel are compatible with your event. This may limit the number of animals attending your event. We will not guarantee a set number of animals.
- All offsite events are run by volunteers on a volunteer basis. Scheduling and availability is based on the availability of our volunteers’ schedules.
- Events require at least two volunteers. Each event will have one lead volunteer. The helping volunteers may bring animals. This always leaves one volunteer to help with breaks and emergencies.
- Volunteers work on a voluntary basis. WCRAS cannot guarantee a volunteer(s) will sign up for your event.
- Please be realistic with our volunteers and our animals. Our shelter primarily has adult, large dogs living at the facility. This is who you can expect at your event.
- All volunteers handling animals must have been trained through our orientation, 1:1, and additional trainings.
- WCRAS handles domestic animal related crisis situations for Hutto, Leander, Cedar Park, Round Rock, and Williamson County. If we are in a crisis situation, we may have to cancel our attendance to your event.
- A minimum of a three weeks notice is needed so that a request to volunteers has time to be submitted.
- Generally speaking, adoption events do not draw crowds. In order for events to be successful, either a crowd needs to already be present or marketing needs to be done to create a crowd for adoptions.
- Generally speaking, dogs do not do well near loud, live music (especially with lots of percussion.) If this applies to your event, please reserve a spot for us away from the live music.
- Water and weather play a part in our ability to participate. Our dogs must have easy access to water. Our dogs (and volunteers) cannot be in a sunny/hot area for long periods of time without shade or water. In addition, too extreme temperatures (cold and hot) or storms/rain may prevent us from attending.
- Please complete this form and email or fax it to Misty Valenta: firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-930-8015.
We are appreciative of all invites and are working with limited resources. We appreciate your understanding.